Lincoln Road to Host South Beach Jazz Festival Headlined by Branford Marsalis
-January 5-7, 2018-
Miami Beach, FLA., November 7, 2017 – Lincoln Road, the social and civic spine of Miami Beach, will once again bring many of the biggest names in jazz to the iconic promenade this January. The second annual South Beach Jazz Festival will take place January 5-7, 2018, and will include many performances free and open for everyone to enjoy under the evening stars. Headlining this year’s festival is saxophone legend and former “Tonight Show” band leader, Branford Marsalis. Marsalis will take the stage of the historic Colony Theatre kicking off performances on January 5, at 8:00 p.m. The roster of performers, assembled by David New, the festival president, features at least one performer with disabilities in each concert showcasing that people with disabilities can do amazing things.
“We are thrilled to once again welcome the South Beach Jazz Festival and its president David New back to Lincoln Road for three-days of memorable live music performances,” shares Steven Gombinski, president of the Lincoln Road BID board of directors. “This festival is quickly becoming a favorite event to kick off the new year for visitors and Miami Beach residents alike, and what better venue than Lincoln Road.”
The Second South Beach Jazz Festival will feature classic, Latin and New Orleans-style acts forging bonds between listeners and performers while promoting the festival’s primary goal to enable them to be defined by ability rather than disability.
Below is a schedule of South Beach Jazz Festival performances on Lincoln Road:
– An Evening with Branford Marsalis – January 5 at 8:00 p.m. – Colony Theatre
– Ignacio Berroa Presents: Afro Cuban Jazz and Beyond-A Video Teaching Presentation January 6 from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – The Gleason Room- Backstage at The Fillmore
– Ignacio Berroa Trio: Straight Ahead from Havana Concert- January 6 at 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – The Gleason Room – Backstage at The Fillmore
– Dr. Ed Calle: Featuring Premier Students from FIU, UM, and Miami-Dade Community College – January 7 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – 1111 Lincoln Road Stage
– Carlos Averhoff Jr. – January 7 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Euclid Circle Main Stage
– The Glyn Dryhurst Dixieland Band – January 7 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Euclid Circle Main Stage
– Rachelle Coba Band – January 7 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Euclid Circle Main Stage
– Carlos Puig – January 7 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Euclid Circle Main Stage
For more information including ticketed event details, visit http://southbeachjazzfest.com/
For news and updates on Lincoln Road, visit www.Lincolnrd.com.
Lincoln Road is an iconic pedestrian district, located in Miami Beach, Florida, that serves as a hub for modern culture-seekers, both local and international. It is home to the New World Center concert hall, historic Colony Theatre managed by resident Miami New Drama company, and ArtCenter/South Florida, a collection of studios and gallery spaces for artists. Lincoln Road also features over 200 designer boutiques, national retail stores and fine restaurants and bars. For additional information, visit us online at https://lincolnrd.com.
Contact: Mike Hicks/Elsbeth Pratt
LOU HAMMOND GROUP
(office) 561-655-3836 (cell) 786-261-1448 / 843-647-6395